1. How can I apply to take part in WOMEX as an artist/speaker/filmmaker?
2. How do I register for WOMEX?
3. I'm a journalist – what are the requirements for press accreditation?
4. Can I buy a one-day entrance ticket?
5. I'm coming with a spouse/partner – are there 'partner rates' for the event?
6. Can I bring my children to WOMEX?
7. Do the venues have disabled access?
8. I'm arriving too late on Wednesday to register, but will go straight to the Opening Concert. How may I get in without my badge?
9. What happens on Sunday at WOMEX?
10. How do I know who is coming to WOMEX, and how can I arrange, ahead of time, to meet them?
11. How can I use virtualWOMEX?
12. How may I arrange delivery of goods and packages for my stand?
13. Can I share a stand at WOMEX?
14. May I sell merchandise or other items from my stand at WOMEX?
15. It's my first time at WOMEX – any advice?
16. May I buy extra copies of the WOMEX Guide?
1. HOW CAN I APPLY TO TAKE PART IN WOMEX AS AN ARTIST/SPEAKER/FILMMAKER?
WOMEX launches an annual Call for Proposals for the Showcase Festival, Conference and Film programmes, inviting artists, speakers and filmmakers to apply to take part. Each year, our international, independent jury, the Seven Samurai, review each proposal and from them select the official WOMEX programme. The WOMEX 18 Call for Proposals is now closed. To be made aware when our next Call for Proposals is announced, sign up for our newsletter or keep an eye on this website or our social media.
2. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR WOMEX?
You can register online for WOMEX. Walk-up registrations on-site are also welcome during the event itself – nobody is ever turned away. Registrations for WOMEX 18 in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain is now open. Tickets for the public showcase festival will be available closer to the event.
3. I'M A JOURNALIST – WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESS ACCREDITATION?
Journalists play a vital role in the dissemination of music and in keeping the important discourse on this art form alive. WOMEX acknowledges this by offering a reduced rate to media professionals, subject to approval.
If you are a delegate who will attend WOMEX first and foremost in your role as a journalist or as a professional involved in the editorial work of a music media company, you are invited to register for our special Media Rate. Simply complete the delegate registration as normal, and check the "Media registration" box when you are entering your personal delegate data – about half way through the registration process – and send a copy of your press credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org. After confirmation from our communications department, you will be granted the discounted Media Rate registration price.
Press accrediation (including free delegate-level access) to WOMEX 18 is reserved for a limited number of local press. For information on press accreditation for Polish media professionals, please email email@example.com.
4. CAN I BUY A ONE-DAY ENTRANCE TICKET?
Delegate registration encompasses all five days of the event, and single day tickets are not available. Entrance to the WOMEX Trade Fair, Conference, Films, Opening and Award ceremony is reserved for WOMEX delegates who have registered for the full five-day event.
5. I'M COMING WITH A SPOUSE/PARTNER – ARE THERE 'PARTNER RATES' FOR THE EVENT?
6. CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN TO WOMEX?
WOMEX is a professional event. If you do need to bring your children into the expo halls, please contact us before the event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DO THE VENUES HAVE DISABLED ACCESS?
Please contact us before the event at email@example.com if you have any special access needs, to make your time at WOMEX as easy as possible. Fully-registered disabled delegates may be accompanied by their Personal Assistant (carer) free of charge.
8. I'M ARRIVING TOO LATE ON WEDNESDAY TO REGISTER, BUT WILL GO STRAIGHT TO THE OPENING CONCERT. HOW MAY I GET IN WITHOUT MY BADGE?
9. WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY AT WOMEX?
Sunday marks the end of five days full of music, business and friendly networking at WOMEX. Join us for our Networking Breakfast, courtesy of WOMEX, and the celebratory WOMEX Award ceremony (delegates only!) on Sunday.
10. HOW DO I KNOW WHO IS COMING TO WOMEX, AND HOW CAN I ARRANGE, AHEAD OF TIME, TO MEET THEM?
Before the event, WOMEX publishes a 'Who is Coming' list online. You can use virtualWOMEX to search for companies or individual delegates and to set up meetings with other delegates ahead of WOMEX (please see question 11).
11. HOW CAN I USE VIRTUALWOMEX?
All registered delegates of WOMEX will get a free one-year virtualWOMEX account. VirtualWOMEX is your online gateway to the world music community: you can present your company and artists, connect with other delegates, and much more.
virtualWOMEX is also open to those not registered for WOMEX – there is a fee for virtualWOMEX-only participation (48€ if you register as the first person of your company, only 24€ for any subsequent registrations from the same company.).
12. HOW MAY I ARRANGE DELIVERY OF GOODS AND PACKAGES FOR MY STAND?
Full information on how to arrange delivery of goods and packages for your WOMEX stand is available on the Register and Book a Stand page. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. CAN I SHARE A STAND AT WOMEX?
It is possible to share a stand or become part of an umbrella stand at WOMEX. For further information please contact email@example.com.
14. MAY I SELL MERCHANDISE OR OTHER ITEMS FROM MY STAND AT WOMEX?
15. IT'S MY FIRST TIME AT WOMEX – ANY ADVICE?
WOMEX will launch a 'Make the Most of WOMEX' page ahead of the event to offer useful tips. (Also see points 10 and 11)
16. MAY I BUY EXTRA COPIES OF THE WOMEX GUIDE?
Each delegate will receive one copy of the WOMEX Guide in their delegate bag, distributed on arrival. Additional copies of the WOMEX Guide may be purchased at the Registration Counter for a fee of 25€, subject to availability.
If you wish to purchase copies of the WOMEX Guide from previous editions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo: WOMEX 14, by Jacob Crawfurd