|Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Music Festivals Network
Connecting the Global Live Biz
WOMEX is part of the Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Music Festivals Network backed up by the EU-ACP Support Programme for cultural industries in ACP countries.
Partners include Zone Franche (international network), Fest’Napuan Association (Vanuatu), Busara Promotions (Tanzania), Harmonia (Cape Verde), Umane Culture (Burkina Faso), Sakifo Production (Reunion), Afrik’aktion (Gabon), Conseil Francophone de la Chanson (international network) and Media, Sports and Entertainment (Jamaica).
This project aims to promote mobility and exchange within and between the ACP region and EU and to structure local networks and the economy of the sector.
By associating partners from different horizons; Anglo-, Franco- and Lusophones from West, East and Central Africa as well as the Indian Ocean, Pacific and Caribbean; this project aims to create, support and consolidate exchanges and cooperation between these regions and the professionals grouped in the network.
WOMEX contributes to the project with its international expertise providing professional advice, organising workshops and offering a marketplace not only at the event WOMEX itself, but also online through virtualWOMEX.
- Creation of a network of festivals, with all members as partners in this project
- Creation of a reference guide for professional practices in the ACP regions
- Organisation of workshops and sessions on professionalisation at each festival
- Creation of local markets at the festivals and the organisation of professional encounters
- Training: How to use international markets as a means to develop one’s activity?
- Mobilisation of the international networks around the project development of each operator as supplement part of the training.
- The project was launched at WOMEX 09 in Copenhagen with a joint stand and networking meetings. This year sees an even bigger representation with a two-day workshop for invited delegates in the lead up to WOMEX '10. A culminating showcase night will put the spotlight on artists from the ACP region at WOMEX 2011.
EU-ACP Support Programme to cultural industries in ACP countries
The project is supported by all the partners, OIF, Special Diffusion Spectacle, Wallonie Brussels International, Scènes Australes.
Photo: Sauti za Busara Festival, Zanzibar 2010 by Robin Batista
Share this page on the following networks: