SOULEYMANE TOURE & Academie Percussion
- Akinola Famson (percussion, vocal)
- Aly Keita (Ballafon)
- Badu Mbaye (percussion, vocal)
- Djatou Touré (vocal)
- Djelifily Sako (Kora, Vocal)
- Ekow Alabi (percussion, vocal)
- Ibrahim Djabaté (Kora, Vocal)
- Mori Djabaté (Kora, Vocal)
- Moussa Coulibaly (Ballafon)
- Peter Subway (Guitar, Vocal)
- Sasha Pushkin (piano, vocal)
- SOULEYMANE TOURÉ (perc., voc.)
- Yoro Mbaye (percussion, vocal)
- country:Ivory Coast
- region:West Africa
- label:not signed
- type:Band, Solo, Composer/Songwriter, Small Ensemble, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet, Big Band, Large Ensemble
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal, percussion
- artist submitted by:
TALKING DRUM GURU
Traditional & Jazz
Accompaniment with poets and theatre performance
SOULEYMANE TOURE was born in 1938 in Doloa, into a Griot-Family.
SOULEYMANE TOURE is called 'Papa Toure' by all the Africans in Berlin and belongs to the famous figures in Berlin (since 1992) and everybody heart his RAKATAKATAKATAKADAAA.
Master in almost all percussion instruments and gives lessons such as djembe, congas, timbales, bongos, cabassa, steel drums, cow bells, drums, trarabuka, home-made and talking drums.
SOULEYMANE has played with MAMADOU DOUMBIA, MANU DIBANGO, MIRIAM MAKEBA and the legendary Broadcast Orchestra from the metropolis Abidjian. He was co-founder of ALPHA BLONDIS band and entered the charts with the Hit 'Brigadier Sabari' in 1982. He visited all the continents of this planet with countless concerts and groups.
Since 1992 Souleymane Toure has been living in Berlin.
& ACADEMIE PERCUSSION with diffrent musicians