- Alberto Santaniello (guitar, voice)
- Emanuele Ammendola (Doublebass, voice)
- Emiliano Barrella (drums)
- Luigi Esposito (Piano, accordeon)
- Pasquale Benincasa (Percussion)
- label:not signed
- instrumentation:percussion, string, singer songwriter, jazz combo, piano, guitar
- artist submitted by:
let me introduce myself:
I am Emanuele Ammendola, from Somma Vesuviana, in the province of Neaples.
I play double bass and sing.
It is months I've been working to the release of my new album "MIGRA’"and I am looking for a label or simply a booking, management for my project and my new album.
The album is a concept album on one of the most debated topics at the moment: the condition of migrants seen through the eyes of the different characters in the songs.
It is Mediterranean pop, acustic, ispired to jazz and folk music of my place, Vesuvius(Naples).
8 tracks, seven songs of which are sung in Neapolitan dialect and an instrumental piece.
The album,even before its release, has positioned itself among the:
- semifinalist at the national competition " Musicultura 2016";
- Award “Mia Martini 2016” for entire “Migrà” Album.
- Award “Fest Med 2016” for best unpublished song with “Nun Cagna Maie”(track n 2). This song is ispired to an ancient folk music played and danced on the slopes of Vesuvius, near Naples.
- Award “Ugo Calise Festival 2016” for best unpublished song with “Rosa ‘e miez a via”(Track n 5).
Actually I’m in semifinal at National award De Andrè 2016 with “Saglie” (track n 1) and also at final at Nano Festival 2016. You can look all about this awards at my event page in my womex profile.
Hear there is a link where you can hear entire Migrà album:
- moreover it has been appreciated by the German public and the Naghtasy festival@Witten (Germany).
At video session of my site you can look other video of my past productions:
I hope you can be interested on my project and we can start a collaboration for next year.
Thanks for your attention,
Nun cagnà maie
This song is ispired to "Tammurriata", a very old kind of folk music played and danced all around the volcano "Vesuvio"(Naples, italy).
Muntagna 'e 'stu core
It is a personal musical arrangement of a traditional song from Somma Vesuviana(Naples, south Italy), it is played in a particular old fest.