MADOU ZON FAMILY
- Aboubacar Konate (Balafon, Djembe, Vocal)
- Joseph Sanou (Djembe, Vocal, Acrobatic Dance)
- Karaoke Diarra (Balafon, Vocal)
- Mamadou Zerbo (N'Goni, Vocal, Dance)
- Mamadou Zon (Lead Djembe, N'Goni, Dance, Vocal)
- Mambourou Diarra (Balafon, Djembe, Bara, Dance, Vocal)
- Sinaly Zon (Djembe, Doum'Doum, Bara, Vocal)
- country:Burkina Faso
- region:West Africa
- label:not signed
- instrumentation:vocal, a cappella, percussion, unplugged
- artist submitted by:
Native of a family of Griots famous in Burkina Faso, Madou Zon
inherited very young the talent of djembé touring with great artist
like Adama Dramé well known in Ivory Coast and Farafina.
Lately, he found the group Konkoba with his young brothers and
sisters and came to Switzerland upon the invitation of the Benkady
association. He’s frequently asked with the swiss « ateliers
d’Ethnomusicologie » based in Geneva for workshops and plays
with several different artistic bands ( from jazz to traditional).
He recently decided to come back on stage with his best musician.
The complicity of his family for this new project called : Madou Zon
Family. Heritage of the Tradition.
Real impulsions and become palpable and communicative.