Czech band Cankisou became famous in the Czech Republic and also abroad for its concerts full of energy and wild rhythms. Concerts run by singer Karel Herman who is very impressive not only because of his voice but also his figure become wild dance parties few minutes after beginning. Cankisou mixes influences from various ethnics with rock roots and with its rich collection of exotic instruments travels the world from Reunion island in an Indian ocean to Pakistan.
Cankisou was established at a Christmas party in 1999 by rock musicians. They put together various exotic and common rock instruments and started to explore world music field which was completely new for them at that time. Cankisou music is based on an old legend about one legged Canki people and the band also learnt their language. Within nearly 10 years of existence the band has become one of the top world music bands in the Czech republic and has travelled 14 countries so far.
Cankisou it's wild rhytms, exotic instruments, a riot of energy, music which doesn't respect any musical borders and makes everybody dance.
Cankisou has already made audience in 14 countries dance:
- Estonia - Maalmikula 2008
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Roots festival 2007 and Wereldfeest 2007
- Reunion island (France) - Manapany Surf festival 2006
- Pakistan - World Performing Arts festival 2005, fusion with Sain Zahoor
- Ukraine - Ethno and land art festival Sheshori 2005 and 2007
- Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Romania, Hungary
- Zuha (2008) with guest Sain Zahoor
- Gamagaj (2004) is inspired by a book Baudolino by Umberto Eco
- Dense ju (2002) with tittle Mongolian folk song
- Music of the Canki people (2000)
Videos are also broadcasted by american Link TV
- Zuha (2008) - shot in Pakistan
- Anay Yo (2005)
- Sham Sut (2000)