AGUA NA BOCA
- ARNAUD LEDUC (DRUMS PERCUSSIONS)
- DAVID LELIEVRE (ELECTRIC BASS)
- NICOLAS CHASSAY (VOCAL, BERIMBAU, SAX AND MORE)
- PHILIPPE ANDRÉ (GUITARES LOOPS)
- VIRGINIE CHAPON (VOCAL PERCUSSIONS)
- region:Northeast Brazil
- label:not signed
- gender:male, female
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal
- artist submitted by:
A wonderful project mixing Jazz, Electro, and music from the North-East of Brazil.
Agua na Boca brought from Brazil a music made of earth, iron, sweat and water which takes its roots from the heart of Recife and Salvador de Bahia poorest districts and also from inland Brazil. This music comes from ancestral traditions brought by the African slaves as well as from Indian music. The band mixes Brazilian instruments such as berimbau, cavaquinho, Fula flute, sanza etc. with electronic instruments and samplers. Frevo, maracatu and forro are also part of the show of this French musicians who were definitely seduced by Brazil.