banda de saba
- bakari diakite (kamalengoni,vocals)
- bbou Cissoko (karinyan,back vocals)
- Luis Gimenez (guitar,electronic music and arrangements)
- Madou Cissoko (percussions and drum kit)
- label:world music spirit
- type:Band, Solo, Composer/Songwriter, DJ/Remixer
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal
- artist submitted by:
The name of this band mentions the great wassoulou warrior Saba.
"Banda de Saba,is an original format ensemble which takes traditional and original kamalengoni songs harmonised in different styles(shongay,tamashek,afro-beat,electronic,rumba,etc)
The proposal of this band is to create a musical bridge between Spain and Mali.Besides that,Luis Gimenez also some of his compositions inspired in his studies as ethnomusicologist in Sahara "Los mares del desierto"(documentary about saharaui music) and Mali.
"Banda de saba" has a huge repertory with and extremely nice variety that makes a whole world from every single song.
+ info in www.myspace.com/labandadesaba
firstname.lastname@example.org +34 687 149 358