Hagyományok Háza / Hungarian Heritage House
Corvin Tér 8.
The Hungarian Heritage House is a national cultural institute to preserve and promote the traditional culture of the Carpathian Basin.
You must be logged in to see the business contact.
- WOMEX 2017
- WOMEX 2015
company descriptionThe Hungarian Heritage House is a national cultural institute to preserve and promote the traditional culture of the Carpathian Basin.
Its scope of activities cover the following areas:
- performing arts programmes through performances of the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble and its orchestra, as well as many other bands and dance ensembles
- co-partner of music festivals and operates a concert venue in a fully modernized historical building at the heart of Budapest
- folklore documentation for scientific and education purposes with the services of its library and archives,
- applied folk arts programmes and adult education with accredited courses
- collection and exhibition of items related to folk art in its Museum of Applied Hungarian Folk Art
- cultural management and networking throughout the Carpathian Basin to transmit the values of traditional culture
The mission of the international team is to contribute to making the values of traditional culture internationally more recognized.
Our primary focus is on music, mostly - but not exclusively - folk music projects. The main objective is to facilitate the development of the folk and world music scene and to develop international possibilities for them. We intend to get involved in cultural exchange projects, by inviting groups and ensembles of similar genres to our venues.
WOMEX 17 will be an excellent occasion to build partnerships and strengthen connections.
With its intermediary role, HHH works between music professionals and the international music industry.
- 24 Oct 2017 - written by Zsuzsanna Kerényi, Hagyományok Háza / Hungarian Heritage House from Hungary