Having been, from a young age, a poetess, pianist/vocalist & a part-time visual artist, Maham’s passion in music convinced her entirely a few years ago. She has been performing & composing since, recently also recording & producing. The Piano having been her first instrument, she has been vocally trained from Choir singing in her early days, to Eastern Classical since the past few years. Her influences include a range of genres, from Eastern/Western Classical/Semi-classical, to Folk, Rock ‘n Roll, Blues, Jazz, etc. Her voice is a blend of these styles, and her music-making translates more into World Music & Sufi. Very occasionally, her experiments in Sound art come together in multi-media installations.
Maham has collaborated with, and curated Folk/Jazz & Sufi-Afro-Electro projects with Baul, Jazz, African, Classical & contemporary musicians in the Indian Bengal, across Pakistan & in recently Berlin.
• One of 10 globally selected artists to receive the Goethe Talents Scholarship (2017) by the Music Board, Berlin (Germany)
• Co-producer, Music Director/Composer & participant vocalist in a self-conceived performance/recording project: a first-time interprovincial Folk music Fusion between Gilgit-Baltistan (Hunza) & Punjab. (Details below in the Artist Profile)
• She has introduced, since 2013 as a vocalist, the fading Sufi music form of ‘Shabd Kirtan’ for the first time, to the prestigious annual All Pakistan Music Conference in Lahore.
LINKS TO MUSIC & SOUND-PIECES/PERFORMANCES
• SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/maham-s/tracks
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MayhemMindsville/?ref=br_rs