Tetra (New Sweden delegation)
- Anna Ottertun (vocal, Arabic tradition, percussion)
- Ingrid Brännström (vocal, Nordic tradition, percussion, accordion)
- Maria Stellas (vocal, Greek rebetika tradition, percussion)
- Sanna Källman (vocal, Haitian tradition, percussion, cello)
- label:Footprint Records
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal
- artist submitted by:
TETRA are four female vocalists from Gothenburg, Sweden with a common desire to share songs with each other. They are all experienced in performing songs from a wide range of folk music traditions.
In their music, you will encounter the ornamental vocal styles of Arabic and Greek music, Caribbean pulses, and Scandinavian groove. They perform their own arrangements, based on rhythmic vocal accompaniment, diversity of vocal range, and percussion.
In Tetra, they dance and play on their journey through vocal traditions from many parts of the world. The results are a distinctly Tetra experience, with drumming, voices singing in parts, improvisation and dance.
Join them in the magical, musical world of Tetra, where beautiful instruments and songs in languages from north, south, east and west meet.
* * * * *
Tetra is part of the NEW SWEDEN delegation and is to be found at stand E:09,10 2011.