European Export Offices Networking Meeting
Exchanging Market Research
- event type: Conference
- start date: 25 Oct 2014
- end date: 25 Oct 2014
- time: 11:00 - 11:45
- city/area: Santiago de Compostela, Galicia
- venue:Networking Room 2 Cidade da Cultura
- country: Spain
- event submitted by: Piranha Arts
- Sonja Heimann (the Netherlands)
Director, World Music Forum NL
In many European countries world music has developed into a flourishing scene. Despite the development of multi-cultural societies it is overruled by pop, jazz and classical music when it comes to airplay, media reach and funding. Besides cultural and political arguments, economic data are necessary to convince policymakers and funders etc. to proof effectiveness. To gain a stronger positioning within the music field and to influence cultural policy European exchange of world music research data offers a firm tool.
This session will focus on:
- How developing and establishing national indices can make a difference for policy-development and positioning of world music.
- What are common issues and goals in different countries and how to effectively join forces on an international level.
- The next step will be to construct a coherent agenda, as the basis for a European grant for pan-European research. For this World Music Forum NL is looking for peers and partnerships with EU countries who are willing and able to support this initiative locally.
(Photo by Francesca Patella)