Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino
- Emanuele Licci (Vocals, Guitar, Bouzouki)
- Giancarlo Paglialunga (Vocals, Tamburello)
- Giulio Bianco (Zampogna, Harmonica)
- Maria Mazzotta (Vocals, Tamburello)
- Massimiliano Morabito (Accordion)
- Mauro Durante (Frame drums, Violin, Vocals)
- Silvia Perrone (Dance)
- gender:male, female
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal
- artist submitted by:
Italy's fascinating dichotomy of tradition and modernity come together in the music of Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino. Hailing from the Puglia region, the seven piece band and dancer are the leading exponents in a new wave of young performers re-inventing Southern Italy's Pizzica Taranta musical and dance traditions for today's global audience.
Critically acclaimed with 16 albums and countless live performances throughout Europe and the Middle East, Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino was originally founded in 1975 by Daniele Durante. Leadership of the ensemble was handed down to Durante's son Mauro, already a noted percussionist and violinist, in 2007. In 2010 Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino was awarded Best Italian World Music Group at Italy's MEI confab.