Flos Florum ensemble
- Alexander Starkov (schaferpfeife, dudelsack, schawm)
- Anton Izgagin (vielle, viola da gamba, dunkar, darbukka)
- Ivan Baturin (mediaeval drum, tar, tabor, rikk, nakers, bells)
- Konstantin Komoltsev (kravik lyre, al-oud, guitarre moresque)
- Yana Annenkova (vocal, rauschpfeife, lira da braccio, rebec)
- country:Russian Federation
- Early World Music
- label:not signed
- gender:male, female
- instrumentation:instrumental, vocal
- artist submitted by:
The band is focused on performing European music of Middle Age and Renaissance (XII-XVI centuries), as well as archaic folk music of world nations (Old Russian, Middle East, Irish, Serbian, Macedonian, etc.).
The ensemble has a unique and continuously enlarging collection of authentic instruments which were reconstructed in detail based on historic models.
The ensemble's main repertoire covers royal estampies of medieval France, songs and dances of Italian trecento, Scandinavian epic poetry, the cantagas of the Spanish king Alfonso X the Wise, amorous poetry of Provence troubadours, English ceremonial dances, Ars Nova ballads and virelais, the songs of wandering goliards, the exquisite polyphony of gothic cathedral epoque, music of carnivals, lithurgy mysteries, royal meal, crusades, tilting matches, and coronation pomps...
What makes the old forgotten music so close and engaging for the widest audience? It's the exceptional atmosphere of the past, fascinating sound of ancient instruments, a wide variety of genres, programs, and styles, coupled with costumes, space and acoustic effects, and moreover, a brilliant rock performance.