12th Fira Mediterrania de Manresa (Catalonia / Spain)has announced its new dates for 2009: from 5th to 8th November 2009.
12th Fira Mediterrania de Manresa is a trade fair for new artistic creations inspired by Catalan and Mediterranean traditions or those from other parts of the world.
Being a market, the main objective of Mediterrània is to help the programmed artists to be contracted by the attending delegates. Every year there are usually around a hundred different artistic shows on offer:
* Music, theatre and dance performances
* Shows for adult and family audiences
* Stage shows and also street performances
Attracted by this programme, around 800 international delegates sign up for Mediterrània each year. Thanks to this professional exchange, other objectives are achieved:
* Provide incentives for the creation of new quality artistic productions and present them to a wider audience
* Internationalise artistic productions developed in Mediterranean area
* Provide a showcase and main exhibition point for the roots, folk and world music
* Act as a meeting place for delegates
* Create a forum for cultural exchange between the different nations and regions of the Mediterranean.
Fira Mediterrània de Manresa is organized by Catalan national government and Manresa Council.
Caixa Manresa is the main private partner.