Coordinated by Matthew Covey (USA), Tamizdat / CoveyLaw
Every year, international artists and U.S. arts presenters face an ever-increasing array of problems with the U.S. artist visa process. With funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Tamizdat is spearheading a long range plan to address systemic problems in the process:
- We are preparing the a White Paper on Artist Mobility to the U.S., which will be a comprehensive review of issues and cases, that presents viable solutions to systemic problems.
- In cooperation with domestic and international arts organisations, we are mobilising the performing arts community to provide coordinated advocacy to bring about change.
For this effort to be successful, we need input from international stakeholders. The purpose of the WOMEX meet-up will be to...
- To update the community on the ongoing efforts
- To solicit input from the community regarding issues, and to seek case information about specific problems
- To brainstorm about strategies and resources available to the effort.