Suzy’s involvement in music began in an unexceptional manner. Upon the death of her aunt and grandmother, she decided to create an album to record the songs that she grew up. It started with the simple idea to make a permanent recording of the songs her grandmother would sing to her, and ones that she in turn sang to her sons in their early childhood. What started as a simple recording exercise meant to be shared and enjoyed by family and friends, has taken on a life of its own, and has led to the experiences Suzy has enjoyed over the past few years. Some of those experiences include;
• The release of her first album, Herencia, (Heritage – licensed by Tropical Music, Germany) in 1998, containing 10 Ladino (Judeo-Spanish) songs. This album enjoyed success in Israel and Europe.
• The release of her second album Estos y Munchos (Many Happy Returns) in Israel in 2001. This album will be released in Europe in 2005.
• Performances in various countries such as: U.S., Turkey, Georgia and Israel.
• Tracks from both her albums have been included in as many as twenty different World Music compilations worldwide.
• A role in an educational film directed by Dror Baruch, about violence in schools. The film won an award in Greece, is now part of the curriculum at Israeli schools, and will soon be a part of the education curriculum in the U.S.
• A role in Dror Baruch's second film about single parenthood.
In addition to her commitment to using music as a means of making the world a better place, all be it in a very small way, Suzy is active in the community and is the Chairperson of the Kinor David organization against drugs and violence, as well as the Chairperson of the Bayit Chadash organization dedicated to searching for a new Jewish identity and the realization of peace in the Middle East.