Researcher of Brazilian traditional expressions, Alfredo has a collection that's already reached over 1700 recorded hours, being considered one of Brazil's most important in popular culture, besides his 10.000 LPs collection. The gathering of this vast material led to the creation of the label Mundo Melhor, that registers several communities all over the country and we can check this on www.selomundomelhor.org. By adding this musical knowledge to the acoustic bass, electric bass, sampling, percussion, keyboards and programming DJ Tudo emerged.
DJ Tudo searches new artistic experiences from tradicional folkloric music to electronic music, creating a unique way of being a DJ, linking and overlapping traditional and contemporary/electronic music.
Released two albuns and one DVD
- Garrafada 2008
- Nos quintais do Mundo 2010 and
- DVD Nos quintais do Mundo Melhor 2012
TRADITIONAL AND COMTEMPORARY CULTURE RESEARCHER.
Either through his 10000 LPs collection, or his recording sessions of traditional expressions during trips around Brazil:
- Pernambuco: Maracatus, Caboclinhos, Cavalo Marinhno, Afoxes, Pretinhas do Congo, Bandas de Pife, Urso, Candombles, Juremas e Indios Pankararu e Fulni-o
- Sergipe: Samba de Coco, Samba de Pareia, Samba de Aboio, Maracatu, Terreiro de Nago,Taieiras, Cacumbi, Chegancas, Reisados, Guerreiros, Bandas de Pife.
- Minas Gerais: Congados - Mocambiques, Congos, Congadas, Catupes, Guardas de Caboclos, Penachos, Viloes, Bois de Reis, Bois de Janeiro, Folia de Reis e Terreiros de Umbanda e Candomble.
- Para: Carimbos, Bambae do Rosario, Banguees, Ladainhas, Boi Bumba e Samba de Cacete.
- Espirito Santo: Bandas de Congo e Folia de Reis.
- Paraiba: Cambindas e Tribo de Indio.
- Piaui: Congo de Oeiras-PI.
- Sao Paulo: Batuque, Jongos, Folia de Reis e Congados - Mocambiques, Congadas e Embaixada de Carlos Magno.
- Brasilia: Bumba Meu Boi e Cacuria.
- Rio Grande do Norte: Coco de Zambe.
- Bahia: Zambi Apunga, Penitentes (Terno de Almas) e Banda de Pife.
- Rio de Janeiro: Jongos e Folia de Reis.
- Ceara: Bandas Cabacal, Reisados e Cocos.
- Maranhao: Bumba Meu Boi, Tambor de Mina, Danca de Sao Goncalo, Ladainhas, Benditos, Tambor de Crioula e Caroco.
- Goias: Congados -Ternos de Congo, Catupes Catunda, Viloes, Mocambiques, Penacho e Embaixada e Sussa e Rezas dos KALUNGAS, comunidade quilombola.
- Alagoas: Baianas, Samba de Matuto, Caboclinhas, Penitentes, Terreiro de Umbanda,Cambinda, Pagodes e Indios Kariri-Xoco.
Alfredo attended the Music course at Universidade de Brasilia, after studying Sociology for three years. At that time he had the group "Os Cachorros das Cachorras", one of the most important groups of Brasilia's pop scenario during th 90's, having performed in several cities around Brazil, and in Germany in 1998. He played during this period in UNB's Big Band and UNB's Orquestra de Camara. He graduated in his main instrument, the double bass, and continues to play electric bass and synths (he has a small collection of moogs, korg, among others).
As a student Alfredo recorded some soundtracks for short college movies at UNB.
2003 - soundtrack for the Mostra SESC de Artes Latinidades.
2004 - soundtrack for VR.
2005 - with Luiz Gayotto - soundtrack for a Conselho Regional de Psicologia de Sao Paulo's documentary.
2007 - with Luiz Gayotto composition of the soundtrack of the short movie "Profetas da Agua e da Esperanca" (having earned 3 awards).
2008 - with Simone Sou - soundtrack for the FORD stand at Salao do Automovel de Sao Paulo
2008 - soundtrack and music direction of the show "PEDRINHO DO CAPAO" , with 100 children from Sao Paulo.
2009 - sound track of TV SERIE " O Amor segundo B. Schiamberg" of a brazilian director BETO BRANT
2009 - sound track of the movie version of" O Amor segundo B. Schiamberg" of a brazilian director BETO BRANT
2011 - soundtrack of the tetralogy "Jaguar Cibernetico"of an amazon director of theatre Francisco Carlos
2011- sound track of the movie "Eu receberia as piers noticias de sues lindo labios" of a brazilian director BETO BRANT
From 2000 until nowadays Alfredo Bello has been acting intensively in the music and soundtrack production field, working with several music styles.
Work with Adrian Sherwood and Lee Perry in Dub Setter (2010) album of Perry, playing bass, moog, percussion and recording and arranging
Two works with 'native music from Amazon "Caiapo" and "Mehinaku" ( with the appearances of Nana Vasconcelos, Egberto Gistmonti, Simone Sou, Gilberto Gil, Airto Moreira, Marku RIbas, Badi Assad, and others).
Among his music production works some stand out: the paulista rock band "Cerebro Eletronico", the singer/songwriter "Junio Barreto", the rock mineiro band "Porcas Borboletas", the singer/songwriter "Luiz Gayotto", the artist "Gero Camilo", the singer from Pernambuco "Ortinho", the pianist "Eduardo Nazarian", the group "Pedra Branca", the poemusic project "O Grande Barco", the band "Dona Zica", the singer/songwriter "Carlos Zimbher",
Websites Alfredo Bello - DJ Tudo:
Belgium documentary about the research of Alfredo Bello
Links for DVD of DJ Tudo e sua gente de todo lugar:
Making of DVD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YideKtQx9r4
Baque Forte: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IjqiER3ok
Gaita Mestra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDvBgjXpks8
Nossa Africa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb9znO2Cdo