In the early 80th Dario Domigues became a symbol of World Music - long before the cathegory was established. He was symbol between indian music and influences from other cultures.
Dario was a genius with his South American flutes. His music is a combination of South American rhythms, old indian music and original melodies with a range of exotic, acoustic and electronic instruments, some of them self made. He sang his own compositions and he played a wide variety of native drums including the Bombos from Argentina and Afro-Brasilian-Percussions.
Dario Domingues was born in the Patagonia region of Argentina, which he had to leave in 1976. He came to Canada in 1977 where he made his home in Ottawa. - In Germany, his first album "The end of Yagans journey" won the annual German Critics choice Award; the second album as well. He has enthused audiences world wide having toured extensively in Europe since 1981 but also playing in Canada, the U.S.A. and Japan. Dario Domingues died aged 46 in April 2000.
- Born in the Land of Wind (vinyl 1985 / Westpark CD 1994)
- Awakening in Rhythms (vinyl 1987 / Westpark CD 2000)
- Children of South America (CD 1987)
- Sunset over the Cordilleras (Westpark CD 1992)
- Under the Totems I (Westpark CD 1993)
- Maria (Westpark CD-Single 1994)
- Under the Totems II (Westpark CD 1995)
- Maya (Instrumentals)
- Los Vibrantes (Westpark CD 1999)