Sauti za Busara [KiSwahili = Sounds of Wisdom] is THE annual music festival in East Africa.
Past performers include Didier Awadi, Nneka, Bassekou Kouyate, Samba Mapangala & Orchestra Virunga, Natacha Atlas, Jagwa Music, Ba Cissoko, Bi Kidude, Thandiswa, Culture Musical Club, Orchestre Poly Rhythmo de Cotonou and more.
The 11th edition happens in Stone Town, Zanzibar during 13 – 16 February 2014 and will feature:
• 400 musicians: 20 groups from Tanzania plus 20 from African Continent and diaspora
• African Music Films
• Carnival Roadshow / Street Parade
• Swahili Encounters: artistic collaborations, for invited visiting and local musicians
• Movers & Shakers: networking forum for arts professionals
• Seminars and Training: skills-building workshops for East African artists, managers, technicians and music professionals
• Festival marketplace
• Busara Xtra: fringe events
tel: +255 773 822 294 or +255 24 223 2423