AT WOMEX 2021: to connect with partners, organizers, and promoters for a TOUR in the fall of 2021 - Europe and Asia.
A flamboyant painting in colorful Indian raga & tala of famous Romanian and Hungarian tunes, reimagined for violin, sitar, tabla, and bansuri - played with punch and joy by a close friend of Yehudi Menuhin (Gilles Apap) and a disciple of Ravi Shankar (Udhai Mazumdar) and his apprentices - a step forward for the seminal project of the World Music.
A SURPRISING PROGRAM, including:
- THE STEP FORWARD: music re-composed for violin, sitar, bansuri, and tabla, inspired by the songs of Transylvania, Walachia, and Moldavia.
- Compositions from the famous Grammy awarded albums. Music rarely played on stage, because of the lack of scores and musicians capable to play it
- Top-notch Indian Classical music played by top-notch musicians
- Music by George Enesco and Béla Bartók - the two composers who represented the West on the famous trilogy 50 years ago
A TOP-CLASS LINE-UP:
- GILLES APAP, french virtuoso classical violinist, friend of Menuhin and great connoisseur of the fiddling techniques from all around the world.
- UDHAI MAZUMDAR, disciple of Shankar, on tabla and composer of the new music
- ROHAN DASGUPTA, on sitar, honored with the President’s of India award
- BHASKAR DAS, on bansuri, descendant of a great family of musicians.