- Sipho Sithole (South Africa)
- Faisal Kiwewa (Uganda)
Bayimba, DOA DOA
- José da Silva (Cabo Verde)
- Christine Semba (France/Germany)
Piranha Arts AG
The idea for this forum was born last April 2013 at the Atlantic Music Expo (AME 2014) in Cabo Verde, the concept of a pan-African forum linked with representative colleagues from Europe and the Americas was enthusiastically receive.
- to consolidate and coordinate the music market in Africa;
- to create an iPlatform for exchange of ideas;
- to promote and facilitate circulation within Africa;
- to raise advocacy at policy level
- to guarantee the hosting of Forum of African Music meetings in most important international music events.
At AME Cabo Verde 2014, the Forum was formalized and the Minister of Culture of Cabo Verde announced that the country would host the Forum secretariat for the next 2 years.
All WOMEXicans - not only those from Africa but also those working - or interested in working - with Africa - are welcome!
(Photo: Sipho Sithole)