VAT /Local Tax Information For WOMEX 18
IGIC CHARGE ON REGISTRATION FEES
The Canary Islands are not part of the Community territory for the purposes of EU VAT (Article 6 of VAT Directive). VAT does not exist in the Canary Islands, but there is a local consumer tax known as the IGIC (Impuesto General Indirecto de Canarias - Canaries General Indirect Tax).
The applicable IGIC rate regarding WOMEX 18 is a reduced rate of 3%.
IGIC has to be charged on all delegate registration fees for WOMEX 18, regardless of where the taxable person is based. It is also exempt from the reverse charge procedure for EU companies with a valid VAT ID number. For more information please see the European Commission Taxation and Customs Union website.
We aim to put up a link to advice on IGIC recovery here soon...
IGIC / VAT Regulation FOR TRADE FAIR STAND BOOKINGS
If you book a trade fair stand at WOMEX 18, you do not need to pay an IGIC or VAT charge on your exhibition package if...:
- your company is based in the EU (but neither Germany nor the Canary Islands) and you have a valid VAT ID number or
- you are based outside the EU or the Canary Islands.
- if you are based in the Canary Islands, you have to pay 7% IGIC on the exhibition package.
- if you are based in Germany, you have to pay 19% German VAT on the exhibition package.
- if you are an EU company without a valid VAT ID number, you have to pay 19% German VAT on the exhibition package.