VAT Information For WOMEX 21
VAT Charge on Admission Fees
The applicable VAT rate for admission fees in Portugal regarding WOMEX 21 is 23%.
This VAT rate on admission fees has to be charged on all delegate registrations for WOMEX 21, regardless of where the taxable person is based. It is also exempt from the reverse charge procedure for EU companies with a valid VAT ID number.
For more information, please see the European Commission Taxation and Customs Union website
VAT REIMBURSEMENT ON TRADE FAIR STAND BOOKINGS
If you book a stand in addition to your registration (exhibition package) at WOMEX you do not need to pay VAT, if:
- your company is based in the EU and you have a valid VAT ID number or
- your company is based outside the EU and can provide proof of tax residence and entrepreneurship
- If you are a German company with a valid VAT ID number you have to pay German VAT on the exhibition package.
- If you are an EU company without a valid VAT ID number, you have to pay local (Portuguese) VAT on the exhibition package.
- If you are a company based outside the EU and cannot provide proof of tax residence and entrepreneurship, you have to pay local (Portuguese) VAT on the exhibition package.
- use them for an exempt activity or
- are not obliged to charge VAT on their outputs (e.g. schools, banks, insurance companies, small businesses under the exemption threshold etc.)
If you are a company from inside the EU you can claim a VAT refund by contacting YOUR local tax authorities in YOUR country and they will claim the refund electronically from the Hungarian tax authorities.
Taxable persons from outside the EU who incur VAT in connection with their business activities in an EU Member State in which they do not make supplies of goods or services, are usually entitled to deduct the VAT charged in that EU Member State. This "deduction" is typically by means of a refund of VAT from the EU Member State in which the VAT was paid. Please contact YOUR local tax authorities about how to claim the VAT refund.
A taxable person is allowed to deduct the VAT they paid on their purchases insofar as the goods or services are used for their business activities. However, there is no right to deduct input VAT if they:
For more information, please see this website:
You are also advised to contact your tax consultant if in doubt.