As a WOMEX delegate, showcase artist, member of crew, film presenter, conference speaker or exhibitor, you can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for ‘business, including sports and entertainment’ and are permitted to undertake all the activities listed at Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities.
The permitted activities applicable to WOMEX attendees fall under the following categories:
Permitted General Business Activities:
- attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
- give a one-off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
- attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, providing the visitor is not directly selling.
Permitted Creative Activities
An artist, entertainer, or musician can:
- give performances as an individual or as part of a group.
- take part in competitions or auditions.
- make personal appearances and take part in promotional activities
Personal or technical staff or members of the production team of an artist, entertainer, or musician may support the activities provided they are attending the same event as the artist, entertainer or musician and are employed to work for them outside of the UK.
No one attending or performing at WOMEX receives payment.
However, you must still meet the Standard Visitor eligibility requirements to visit the UK whether you need a visa or not. You may be asked questions at the UK border about your eligibility and the activities you plan to do whilst in the UK.