• 21-25 OCT 2020
  • Budapest, Hungary
WOMEX 20 returns to the rich cultural city in Central Eastern Europe that is Budapest from 21 to 25 October 2020. Read more about our host city Budapest here.
The Call for Proposals for the Showcase Festival, Conference and Film programmes, inviting artists, speakers and filmmakers is now closed ! Each year, our international, independent jury, the Seven Samurai, review each proposal and from them select the official WOMEX programme. The next Call for Proposal will open again in January 2021 for WOMEX 21.
You can register online for WOMEX. Walk-up registrations on-site are also welcome during the event itself – nobody is ever turned away. Registrations for WOMEX 20 Budapest, Hungary will open in April 2020. If you are not a WOMEX delegate or want to bring someone who is not a WOMEX delegate, you can purchase tickets for the public festival including nighttime concerts and films closer to the 2020 event through www.womex-festival.com.
Journalists play a vital role in the dissemination of music and in keeping the important discourse on this art form alive. WOMEX acknowledges this by offering a reduced rate to media professionals, subject to approval.

If you are a delegate who will attend WOMEX first and foremost in your role as a journalist or as a professional involved in the editorial work of a music media company, you are invited to register for our special Media Rate. Simply complete the delegate registration as normal, and check the "Media registration" box when you are entering your personal delegate data – about half way through the registration process – and send a copy of your press credentials to registration@womex.com. After confirmation from our communications department, you will be granted the discounted Media Rate registration price.

Press accrediation (including free delegate-level access) to WOMEX 20 is reserved for a limited number of local press. For information on press accreditation for Hungarian media professionals, please email media@womex.com.
Delegate registration encompasses all five days of the event, and single day tickets are not available. Entrance to the WOMEX Trade Fair, Conference, Films, Opening and Award ceremony is reserved for WOMEX delegates who have registered for the full five-day event.

However, if you are not a WOMEX delegate or want to bring someone who is not a WOMEX delegate, you can purchase tickets for the public festival including nighttime concerts and films closer to the event through www.womex-festival.com.
If spouses/partners do not wish to register for the full WOMEX event, they can purchase tickets for the public festival only (please see question above) through www.womex-festival.com.
Before the event, WOMEX publishes a 'Who is Coming' list online. You can use virtualWOMEX to search for companies or individual delegates and to set up meetings with other delegates ahead of WOMEX.
All registered delegates of WOMEX will get a free one-year virtualWOMEX account. VirtualWOMEX is your online gateway to the world music community: you can present your company and artists, connect with other delegates, and much more.

virtualWOMEX is also open to those not registered for WOMEX – there is a fee for virtualWOMEX-only participation (48€ if you register as the first person of your company, only 24€ for any subsequent registrations from the same company.).

For more information about virtualWOMEX, visit the virtualWOMEX FAQ or contact virtual@womex.com.
Full information on how to arrange delivery of goods and packages for your WOMEX stand is available on the Register and Book a Stand page. Should you have any questions, please contact production@womex.com.
Please contact us before the event at registration@womex.com if you have any special access needs, to make your time at WOMEX as easy as possible. Fully-registered disabled delegates may be accompanied by their Personal Assistant (carer) free of charge.
If you plan to register on-site on Thursday, you may attend the Opening Concert on Wednesday. Staff at the Opening venue will request that you provide them with ID.
WOMEX will launch a 'Make the Most of WOMEX' page ahead of the event to offer useful tips.
It is possible to share a stand or become part of an umbrella stand at WOMEX. For further information please contact production@womex.com.
Exhibitors must not sell any merchandise at their stands.
Sunday marks the end of five days full of music, business and friendly networking at WOMEX. Join us for our Networking Breakfast, courtesy of WOMEX, and the celebratory WOMEX Award ceremony (delegates only!) on Sunday.
Each delegate will receive one copy of the WOMEX Guide in their delegate bag, distributed on arrival. Additional copies of the WOMEX Guide may be purchased at the Registration Counter for a fee of 25€, subject to availability.

If you wish to purchase copies of the WOMEX Guide from previous editions, please contact partnership@womex.com.
International English is the lingua franca of the professional music community in general, the world music community in particular and the WOMEX choice for successful interaction.